Call for Installations
ICMC 2018 (August 5-10, 2018) invites submissions of installation works for exhibition at the conference. Our conference theme this year is Preserve | Engage | Advance.
Instructions and Basic Information
Categories include but are not limited to:
- Audience Participation Installations
- Data-driven Installations
- Interactive Installations
- Multimedia Installations
- Performance-based installations
- Open to all composers regardless of nationality, age or career stage.
- Works presented at previous ICMCs are not allowed unless significantly evolved.
- Three, large exhibition floors (total approx. 1,500 m² or 16,000 ft², 25-35 works) at Art Factory.
- Works must be submitted online, through the Conference Management Toolkit (CMT).
All submissions should be anonymous: please make sure that no artist makrkings are recognizable.
- For conference presentation the artist or at least one of the collaborators must register. A presenter only needs to register once and may be presenting more than one work at the conference.
- There are no submission fees.
Review of Works
Submissions will be subject to peer-review.
February 12, 2018
In partnership with the Daegu Art Factory, ICMC 2018 will provide artists with three floors of exhibition spaces (approx. 1,500 m² or 16,000 ft², 25-35 works) to showcase the depth and breadth of installation works.
Preservation: Computer Music Heritage
To preserve our computer music heritage for generations to come, all artists will have the option to participate in our preservation efforts where each work’s media and digital artifacts will be permanently archived at NYU Libraries as part of the Electro-Acoustic Music Mine (EAMM) project. We will capture, archive, and preserve annual ICMC works starting with ICMC 2018 and [Phase I]: Stop the leak so that the yearly curated works are no longer lost after each conference ends. [Phase 2] Archive access for the public. More information on EAMM.