Call for Music
ICMC 2018 (August 5-10, 2018) invites submissions of musical/sonic/media works for concert presentation at the conference. Our conference theme this year is Preserve | Engage | Advance.
Instructions and Basic Information
Categories include but are not limited to:
- Acousmatic and Spatial Music
- Audiovisual Work
- Computer-aided Acoustic Composition
- Dancer(s) +
- Ensemble (2-10 musicians) + Electronics
- Fixed Media
- Instrument(s) + Electronics
- Laptop Orchestra/Live Coding
- Live Electronics
- Multimedia Works
- Piece + Paper
- Solo Instrument + Electronics
- Soundscape Works
- The virtuoso New Interface
- Open to all composers regardless of nationality, age or career stage.
- We strongly encourage artists to keep concert music within 15 minutes.
- Instruments/performers are provided by ICMC 2018 ensemble-in-residence El Music Group .
- Works should not have been performed at previous ICMCs.
- Works must be submitted online, through the Conference Management Toolkit (CMT).
All submissions should be anonymous: please make sure that no artist markings are recognizable.
- For conference presentation the artist or at least one of the collaborators must register. A presenter only needs to register once and may be presenting more than one work at the conference.
- There are no submission fees.
Review of Works
All submissions will be subject to peer-review by independent reviewers.
Submission Deadline (Eastern Standard Time)
February 28, 2018
March 10, 2018
Anticipated Notification Date (Eastern Standard Time)
Before April 17, 2018Before April 24, 2018
Concert Hall Details and Venues
Please see Daegu Concert House for details.
Preservation: Computer Music Heritage
To preserve our computer music heritage for generations to come, all artists will have the option to participate in our preservation efforts where each work’s media and digital artifacts will be permanently archived at NYU Libraries as part of the Electro-Acoustic Music Mine (EAMM) project. We will capture, archive, and preserve annual ICMC works starting with ICMC 2018 and [Phase I] Stop the leak so that the yearly curated works are no longer lost after each conference ends. [Phase 2] Archive access for the public. More information on EAMM.